VertiClip® SLD w/ 3" Slots connects the interior drywall studs at the head condition (top of wall) to the deck or primary frame
while allowing for a total vertical deflection of up to 3” (1 ½” up and 1 ½” down). The standard bushing placement is 2” from
the top of the slot and allows the structure to settle ½” prior to typical service. VertiClip’s unique design provides both an
anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical
forces into drywall partition wall framing, which is not designed to support axial loads. VertiClip SLD is a component in VertiTrack® VTD, TSN’s pre-assembled deflection track.
VertiClip SLD Features:
• Load-rated positive mechanical attachment at each stud
• Meets all building code criteria
• Eliminates loose friction-held track assemblies
• Utilizes only certified, 50ksi steel
• Load rated screws provided for each VertiClip
• Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
• Adaptable for multiple configurations
• 25ga top track is lightweight for easy handling
• Utilizes clips for wall layout
• Eliminates temporary screws
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340MPa) minimum yield strength, 65ksi (450MPa) minimum tensile strength, 33mil minimum thickness (20 gauge, 0.0346" design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G60 (Z180) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with a PAF or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.