The VertiClip® SLS steel slide clip connects exterior curtain wall studs, bypassing the building’s structural frame, while allowing for a vertical
deflection of the structure up to 1½” (¾” up and ¾” down). VertiClip’s unique design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection
between the steel slide clip and the metal stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into curtain wall framing, which is not engineered to
support axial loads. Allowable loads are based on use of two #12 screws for attachment to metal framing stud (provided by TSN).
VertiClip SLS Features:
• Provides a positive, load-rated, mechanical attachment to web of stud
• Eliminates friction-based assemblies
• Utilizes only certified, 50ksi steel
• Eliminates untested “scabs” or shims
• Load rated screws provided
• Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
• Meets all building code criteria
• Adaptable for multiple configurations
• Align wall studs quickly and easily by accounting for construction tolerances
• Lightweight assembly
• Eliminates bridging or strapping within 12” of connection
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340 MPa) minimum yield strength, 65ksi (450 MPa) minimum tensile strength, 68mil minimum thickness (14 gauge, 0.0713" design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with PAFs, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.
VertiClip SLS is designated by stud depth and clip length required. Clip length includes a minimum of 3" for steel (5.5" for concrete) of clip material for attachment to structure added to stud depth, plus the distance of the stud from the structure.
Example: 6" stud, 6" tolerance, 3" to structure
Designate: VertiClip® SLS600-15
* Use of strengthening ribs and return bends varies with each clip.