The VertiClip® SLF steel clip connection is used to accommodate vertical deflection requirements for connections between light steel framing and the
primary structural system in a bypass condition when the stud web is inaccessible. VertiClip SLF allows up to 1½” of vertical
deflection (¾”up and ¾” down). Pre-installed step-bushings in a vertical slot maintain a positive attachment between the steel clip
and metal stud, and ensure movement allowance between them preventing the transfer of any vertical forces into non-load bearing steel
studs. VertiClip SLF lsf connector allows up to 1½” of offset between the stud and building structure and may be used with studs having 1⅝” or 2” metal stud flanges.
VertiClip SLF Features:
• Positive, mechanical attachment
• Only certified, 50ksi steel is used
• Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
• Rated screws provided
VertiClip SLF Labor Savings:
• Screw connection can be made from the decking through the stud flange when screw gun access to the web is not possible
• Aligns wall studs quickly and easily by accounting for construction tolerances
• Attaches to structure with PAF, anchors or welds
• Symmetric design allows clip to work with studs facing either direction
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340 MPa) minimum yield strength, 65ksi (450 MPa) minimum tensile strength, 68mil minimum thickness (14 gauge, 0.0713" design thickness) with ASTM A653/653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with PAFs, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.