VertiClip® SLD Metal Framing System connector secures metal studs at the head condition (top of wall) to the metal deck or primary frame while allowing for a total vertical
deflection of up to 1½” (¾” up and ¾” down). VertiClip’s unique light steel clip design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between
the clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into drywall partition metal wall framing, which is not designed
to support axial loads. VertiClip SLD Metal Stud Connection is a component in VertiTrack® VTD, TSN’s pre-assembled light steel deflection track.
VertiClip SLD Features:
• Load-rated positive mechanical attachment at each stud
• UL classified for all approved dynamic assemblies and finish combinations with 1½” deflection and 1-2 hour fire-ratings
• Meets all building code criteria
• Eliminates loose friction-held track assemblies
• Utilizes only certified, 50ksi steel
• Load rated screws provided for each VertiClip
• Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
• Adaptable for multiple configurations
• Top of wall bridging or strapping is eliminated.
• Top track lightweight for easy handling (not a structural element, may be 25ga [interior] or 20ga [exterior] standard leg - Deep-Leg Track is not required)
• Utilizes clips for wall layout.
• Eliminates temporary screws.