• Load transferred from stud web
• Eliminates bridging or strapping within 12” of connection
• Eliminates flange-loaded, friction-fit clips, which do not address web-crippling
• Allows up to 2” vertical deflection (1” up and 1” down)
• VertiClip SLB is minimum 14 ga (68 mil) while competitors are 16 ga (54 mil), making it the strongest bypass clip on the market!
VertiClip® SLB Light Gauge Steel Connector is used to connect exterior curtain wall metal studs, bypassing the building structure, while allowing for vertical deflection of the structure up to 2” (1” up and 1” down). VertiClip’s unique design provides both an anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the steel clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces into curtain wall steel framing, which is not engineered to support axial loads. VertiClip SLB Bypass Steel Clip eliminates flange-loaded, friction-fit clips, which do not address web-crippling. Allowable loads are based on use of two #12 screws for attachment to stud (#12 screws provided with order).
VertiClip SLB is designated by type (SLB), followed by stud depth in inches multiplied by 100
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340)
Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340MPa) minimum
65ksi (450MPa) minimum tensile strength, 68mil minimum thickness (14 gauge, 0.0713” design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with PAFs, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration.