VertiClip® SL Metal Framing Connector clips the exterior curtain wall steel studs at head of wall to the building frame while
allowing for vertical deflection of the structure up to 1½” (¾” up and down). VertiClip’s unique design provides both an
anti-friction and anti-seizure connection between the clip and the stud web surface thereby preventing a transfer of vertical forces
into curtain wall framing, which is not engineered to support axial loads. Use of VertiClip SL over friction-fit steel track assemblies helps protect
liability through the utilization of positive mechanical attachments to the web of the stud. VertiClip SL Steel Framing Clip is a component of VertiTrack® VTX,
our preassembled deflection track. Allowable loads are based on use of two #12 screws for attachment to stud (provided by TSN).
VertiClip SL Features:
• Load-rated positive mechanical attachment at each stud
• Eliminates friction-held assemblies
• Utilizes only certified, 50ksi steel
• Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
• Load rated screws provided for each VertiClip
• Meets all building code criteria
• Adaptable for multiple configurations
• Top of wall bridging or strapping is eliminated
• Top track lightweight for easy handling (not a structural element, may be 20ga standard leg - Deep-Leg Track is not required)
• Utilize clips for wall layout
• Eliminates temporary screws
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340MPa) minimum yield strength,
65ksi (450MPa) minimum tensile strength, 68mil minimum thickness (14 gauge, 0.0713” design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating.
The attachment of VertiClip to the primary structure may be made with a PAF, screw/bolt anchors or weld and is dependent upon the base material (steel or concrete)
and the design configuration.