DriftClip® DSLB Metal Drift Connector is available to accommodate vertical deflection and lateral drift requirements.
Step Bushings pre-installed in vertical slots allow up to 2” vertical deflection (1” up and down).
Horizontal slots accommodate 2” lateral drift (1” left and right-in-plane), with Step Bushings
also pre-installed during the manufacturing process. Load tables are provided for attachment to metal stud.
If more than 2” lateral drift is required, contact us for more information
DriftClip DSLB is classified by multiplying stud depth by 100
Example: 6” stud
Designate: DriftClip® DSLB600
* If more than 2” lateral drift is required, contact us 301-937-4383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
** One row of bridging is recommended at a maximum distance of 12” from DriftClip to resist torsional effects
DriftClip® DSLB Features and Value:
• Positive, load rated mechanical attachments
• Manufactured from certified, 50ksi steel
• Step Bushings pre-installed for accurate placement
• Rated screws provided for attachment to stud web
• Load transferred from stud web
• Meets all building code criteria
• Adaptable for multiple configurations
ASTM A1003/A1003M Structural Grade 50 (340) Type H, ST50H (ST340H): 50ksi (340MPa) minimum yield strength, 65ksi(450MPa) minimum tensile strength, 97mil minimum thickness (12 gauge, 0.1017” design thickness) with ASTM A653/A653M G90 (Z275) hot dipped galvanized coating
The attachment of DriftClip DSLB to the primary structure may be made with PAFs, screws, or bolt anchors depending on the base material (steel or concrete) and the design configuration. The step bushings used for attachment to structure are designed for use with ¼" maximum diameter fasteners. Designing this connection is the responsibility of the Structural Engineer of Record, and a minimum of two fasteners must be used